Steven’s work focuses on cross-border tax matters including investments between Canada and the U.S. by both individuals, businesses and U.S. citizens residing in Canada. Steven has spent his career providing professional services both in public accounting with EY and with AECOM Canada (formerly UMA Group), a professional engineering firm.
Steven has experience in the following areas:
- Canadian investment in U.S. businesses and real estate
- Cross-border ownership strategies
- U.S. citizen residency in Canada
- U.S. business expansion in Canada
Some of Steven’s prior projects include:
- Utilizing foreign tax credits and foreign exchange rates to reduce client tax liability.
- Developing a strategy for the liquidation of Canadian and U.S. corporations.
- Appealing IRS penalties for delinquent filings of related party payments.
- Working on Canada-U.S. tax treaty to claim credits and deductions against CRA assessment.