Warren’s expertise covers a broad range of cross-border tax issues for businesses, individuals, trusts and other entities that most practitioners never see. His entire career of almost 40 years has consisted of dealing with U.S. and cross-border tax issues including as a Partner at EY and at KPMG’s Seattle and Vancouver offices.
Warren has experience in the following areas:
- Canadian investments in U.S. real estate
- Cross-border M&A
- Cross-border ownership strategies
- State and local, sales and other taxes
- U.S. citizen residency in Canada
Some of Warren’s previous projects include:
- Minimizing tax on the sale of a U.S. business for an individual returning to reside in Canada.
- Negotiating corporate tax settlement with the IRS.
- Helping client and his Employer save money on U.S. Social Security and Medicare tax on move to the U.S.
- Identifying conflicting tax treatments in Canada and U.S. that helped client save tax on incentive compensation.